|Cast: Tommy Lee Jones ,
Will Smith ,
Rip Torn ,
Lara Flynn Boyle ,
Rosario Dawson ,
Tony Shalhoub ,
Director(s): Barry Sonnenfeld ,
Website: Click Here
Simply terrible sequel. One of those "kill the franchise" kind of deals...
It had 3 strikes:
1) No Linda Fiorentino.
2) Johnny Knoxville playing possible THE most irritating comedy relief alien this side of Jar-Jar
3) Lara-Flynn Boyle (queen of the "Where are they now" people) in a throw away role. They could have at least hired a woman who wasn't built like a 6-year old boy to play an alien who copies a lingerie model??? I digress....
4) Phone in roles by Tommy Lee Jones
5) Too much focus on Will Smith trying to act all "schnizzle"
6) Ugh with the pug...funny for all of 6 seconds...
Wait - is that more than 3 strikes?
I give it a star for the late, great Rip Torn and his Salty Dogs!
Rip Torn (81) is still very much alive. So is Rip Taylor (78), for what it's worth.
"I thought you were dead!"
I really truly could have SWORN I had heard he died...and here I am: KING of the Dead Pool...some King, eh?
Hail to the king!
I agree with everything Mikey wrote except for his rating. I bomb this and call bullshit!
This is the type of movie where it's almost impossible to not come up with a good idea for sequels. Dealing with this realm of aliens,etc, your imagination is completely open to come up with anything.
This movie just plain sucked and on top of everything the CGI was poorly done.
These film makers should be ashamed!
|What's your rating of this movie?|