|Cast: The gay guy, the old guy, the token black guy, the tough truck-driving chick, hot chick in bikini #1, hot chick in bikini #2, token black girl, sleazy womanizer dude, etc....|
Not a real movie!
Here you go.
I'll say my part then you guys can circle jerk all over this one.
This, along with 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire', has signaled for me the rapid decline of TV quality (even more so than usual).
There is nothing 'real' about 'reality' TV. It is manipulative soap opera drivel, but with talentless nobodies who wanna be somebody, and eventually do thanks to our celeb-crazy society. It has given us Simon Cowell, Kelly Clarkson, Clay Aiken....dozens of books and TV appearances by people who got BOOTED from the island/stage/what-have-you, and countless career comebacks to every C, D and Z-List celeb on the planet (including former heroes of mine like Vince Neil, Tommy Lee, Gene Simmons, Flavor Flav....oh, the humanity!)
I guess you never go broke appealing to the lowest common denominator, which is why so many people seem to be interested in watching Dave Coulier skate or George Hamilton dance or Trump fire people.
Okay, I could go on, but I think you get my drift. I'm not gonna waste any more time arguing on this.
**descends from podium**
I'm all over this one too mitchay... On a basic level "Reality" tv sucks big hairy moosecocks. On a deeper level, it is terrifying indictment of where our society has descended to. (and yes, that includes the "amazing" race - oohh... americans lost in some place other than 'merica!)
If anyone caught John Doyle's column last week in the Globe about the latest circle jerk that is Survivor: Circle Jerk Island, it was hysterical... this is how it began:
Back to the buff, the belligerent, the twerps
By JOHN DOYLE
Thursday, February 2, 2006, Page R3
Survivor? Don't get me started.
That darn show has become as implausible as it is irritating. A bunch of preening Americans are shipped off to some hot-and-humid place where they bicker, connive and labour under the impression that being rude is being smart. If I wanted to see that, I'd go to Florida. Which I don't.
I'm not even going to broach this subject as I would be preaching to the converted (or the reverse thereof).
Basically, you either fall on one of two sides: those who watch "reality TV" (though I LOATHE that term, usually used by people ranting on in their own holier-than-thou diatribe) and those who see it as the "decline of the moral fabric of space and time, yadda yadda yadda".
Reasons why I watch it?
1) I'm voyeuristic by nature
2) I like to see Americans out of their element
3) I find it to be a microcosm of human society, how, when people are forced to (under extreme conditions), they revert back to ingrained instincts of tribalism and eventually (as is evident in the show) they slowly come to realize that the money is not what is driving them...
More than one contestant has literally walked away from $1 million in favour of something more...."pure"? Like love, friendship, integrity, etc etc.
Again, I'm not trying to convert anyone as your collective heels are dug in deep, but simply asking not to dismiss the entire show as "low brow" or "the reason why the Conservatives won the election", etc.
Yes, point taken, all very good; but don't you just love the self-caricature I put on my posting?!
Surprise, surprise, I'm gonna side with Mikey here. I think you are all looking into this WAY too deeply. The reason I watch reality (or any other) TV is quite simple. I wake up, go to work, and at the end of the day there are only 3 things I want to do (in no particular order). 1) - Spend time with my daughter, wife & dog. 2) - Eat food 3) - sit on the sofa, turn on the tube, and let my brain go schloofy. Sometimes I like to watch something where I do need to think, follow a plot, or read subtitles..but not on Thursday nights (O.C., Apprentice and Survivor). The only other shows on TV I watch are Amazing race, Simpsons, Futurama, Seinfeld, Americal Idol and Montreal Canadiens Hockey (Hockey Night in Canada). The beauty of television is that you can relax & enjoy.
Enough about the downfall of society yadda yadda yadd...you guys need to chill the fuck out!
PS. I predict that the black girl gets voted off tonight. Mitch & I are headed to the Habs game in Buffalo, however Anat will be taping Survivor for me and I will watch it before I go to bed (even if it's 2:00am)
PS. Thanks to Derek's "bombing" system : Note that although 2 of us bombed it and 2 gave it 4 stars, the average comes out higher than 2.00 !!! WOOHOO!!!
As much as you ass clowns hate Survivor, it can never be given a true bomb or zero rating!
Neither can 'Babe', smarty farts.
And the circle (jerk) of life is complete!
Sorry, Deril m'man!
Cirie (aka "The Black Woman") is predicted to be final-four as she coasts there using the "I'm useless and below the radar" strategy.
The odds are favouring Miss "Tammy-Faye Baker" (aka Miranda I think her name is), the singer from Tennessee as the victim tonight.
Either her or the astronaut...
They say that the chain-smoker, even though it APPEARS he quits from the promos, actually stays on but goes ABSOLUTELY APE-SHIT from nicotine withdrawl...not that he hasn't already.
I can give you odds on who makes the final four and even the final two!
Never tell me the odds. - Han Solo
Seriously though, the nicotine guy has his big "wig out" NEXT week. Don't miss it. Mitch & I came home from Buffalo at around 1:00am yesterday..I still walked the dog and then stayed up till around 2:30ish watching Survivor...now THAT's a true fan!
Who do predict for final 4? It is WAY too early to tell.
My prediction for the final 4......
Survivor, I watched it (and Earl, and Office...Office was AMAZING this week! So was Earl...with the bees and the "brownies"...LOL!!!!).
It was a good episode...highlights:
1) Aras (or as they call him on-line "Obi-Wan Aras") is such a Kumbaya-"shine on your brother" modern day dork. I mean, CHRIST, don't TELL people they're going to get voted off!! If Tammy-Faye Baker Melinda had ANY brains and/or gonads, she'd have spun that RIGHT back in his face. At the VERY least she should have campaigned against Shane!!
2) Which brings me to Shane: talk about ADD!! This guy is a POSTER-child for manic-behaviour...I can't IMAGINE what his kid is like!! He's like watching Denis Leary on Survivor! If you WANT to go home and have all the money, happiness, love, respect in your life, then they should have "subs"...people waiting in the wings to trade places with you...people who actually WANT to play the game.
And how USELESS was he in the challenge, having rotted away 78% of his lungs he couldn't stay underwater for more than 3 seconds.
3) They're saying Cirie (the fat, boob-flopping, black lady) is going to go FAR! SHE knows how to strategize at least, by turning on the water-works at the end for apparently no reason (she never DID explain WHY her family would be disappointed....just that they would, and so would she and and *SOB*!!!)
4) The fire-walker, be-freckled girl from, like, like, like, oh may gawd, like....the BAD, like GANGSTA, like, um...part of Hollywood, like LIKE! Word. Peace out.
5) They didn't show ANYTHING about Sensei Bruce on Exile island, except that he had a clue (which showed last week's clue) and this week's one: "It's above the tide-line" (thanks.) and a section of the island was red-shaded showing where the idol was NOT. (again, thanks). Then he did a kata (a karate routine) and was shown huddled under a large piece of bark in the rain trying to sleep....wee.
6) And Danielle, AGAIN with the push-up bikini top. We get it! You have pert little boobies....but damn, girl, you're not Pam Anderson!
7) And I laughed SO hard when they sent out probably the two ABSOLUTELY WORST candidates out to fish with the PRECIOUS PRECIOUS spear...
"Um, OOOPS. I, uh, like dropped it...ohmahgawd!"
"No worries, baby...chill."
"It's so deep, I can't see anything."
"Yes. Yes, it is."
If I was the fighter pilot guy, I would have grabbed her and flung her back out into the bay and told her and the drift wood bimboy she was with to FIND the damn thing!!! THAT'S FOOD!!!!!!
**SPOILER LINE** DON'T CROSS IF YOU DON'T WANT THE LINE ON THE FINAL FOUR
They say the final four are as follows:
Danielle "Look at my Wee Boobies" DiLorenzo
Aras "Just want to let you know my strategy up front" Baskauskas (Basku-whuzza-wha?)
Cirie "BOOBS OVERBOARD! *SOB*" Fields
Terry "You FUCKING LOST the SPEAR?!!!" Dietz
So many good points here.
1) - I agree with the guy on exile island. First off build a shelter, THEN get food THEN if there's still time do your karate ...idiot!
2) - I agree that Melinda should have stired up a pot of shit to get Shane off. Why would anyone want to keep an alliance with this guy??? He's obviously unpredictable and off the wall. There is NO WAY IN HELL he'll last another few weeks. That team is also weak, and getting weaker by the minute. They will continue to lose challenges, and SHane will not be able to help them win. If Cerie is smart (and I think she is), she'll get them to boot off Shane next week.
3) - As for the spear..You've got to be fucking kidding me. "OOps I lost our food supply" "I feel bad" WTF????
If I were on that island I'd have kicked her ass and wouldn't let her back on land till she found the spear. In all fairness though, the guy who was with her was equally as useless. He should have grabbed the mask and dove down as deep as possible to at least TRY and recover it. That thing is worth gold in this game...idiots!
I can see the pilot going far & the astronaught (they could both fly under the radar - pardon the pun).
I also like Misty...hot hot stuff.
I also like Mystique....hot hot stuff!
|What's your rating of this movie?|